Monday, April 18, 2011

Stupid eyelashes!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was freaking out over the last of my eyebrow hairs falling out.  Well that opened up a whole new can of worms because I was so busy staring in the mirror and willing them to grow back quickly that I never noticed about 3/4 of my eyelashes falling out!!!!!!  I really can't believe it!! The first thing I asked the oncologist when she said I'd lose my hair was if my eyelashes would fall out.  She said they probably wouldn't because I wasn't having many sessions of chemo so I was delighted with that but I guess she was wrong!! G reckons its because the roots were all killed off during chemo and they're only falling out now.  I never leave the house without mascara and now I look like a leper altogether!! I don't want to have to go through the hassle of putting on false eyelashes every day because trying to get them on straight is a right pain in the arse!!  Ah well, I've been so preoccupied with my eyelashes I never noticed that the eyebrows are growing back now!!  My hair is coming on great too - there's as much grey as there is black but I'll be able to dye it in no length!



Onto happier subjects............. Ryan has slept all night in his cot for 6 whole nights now and I'm delighted! I always wake up with an awful pain in my back when he's in the bed mostly cos I'm hanging off the edge of the bed!!!  He always ends up stuck to my face with me inhaling his frizzy hair!!  He's like a briar today but he's got a runny nose and probably has a sore throat like the rest of us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment